24 November 2015

taking stock // 9

making: Apple bread, apple sauce, apple crisp. A friend gave us a large box of apples from his tree, and then another large box shortly after.

drinking: Orange juice, when we've got it in the fridge. This is the one similarity between these pregnancies thus far- cravings for orange juice.

reading: Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert (and quite enjoying it!)

wanting: New maternity leggings. 

watching: Masterchef Junior. 

listening: Ella Fitzgerald singing Cole Porter (while I peel apples)

eating: Paella, made by a dear friend, for Jake and my birthdays. She also made us chocolate cake with ganache (and I've been frequently sneaking bites of the leftover decadence).

smelling: The vanilla candle Jake brought home on a whim.

wishing: For there to be no traffic during our Thanksgiving travels and for Alice to sprout a sudden love (I'll even gladly take tolerance!) of being in the car.

enjoying: That my hair is suddenly feeling slightly longer to me. Curly hair just stops adding length at this phase of the growing-out-a-pixie. As it grows, it curls more tightly and months go by with my hair getting thicker and curlier looking, but staying the same length visually. But, suddenly, it feels as if we're making headway. 

loving: The balance Alice strikes of fiercely independent and immensely affectionate.

hoping: That my recent dive into the holistic healthcare scene- acupuncture! chiropractic!- will alter the state of my aching pelvis (my pubic bone, really- but who likes uttering "pubic pain" when someone asks why you're wobbling?). 

needing: More coconut oil. To slather on my expanding midline. 

feeling: Ever more ready for the holidays to splash neighborhoods with twinkling lights and familiar tunes. 

wearing: These sweatpants from Linnie. Jake says they look like riding pants and I say they are the comfiest piece of clothing I own. 

bookmarking: This journal written by and for mothers is lovely and thoughtful, even if you're not of the Catholic persuasion. I'm not Catholic, but I've been nodding and tearing up throughout my read of the most recent edition. 

*Photo by my dear friend who is flying the coop in a matter of weeks. I could write a whole post about friends moving away, but lets suffice it to say that I'm feeling a hearty mix of proud & sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...