25 November 2015

hello little one // week 21

Hello little one,

You are, apparently, more than 10 inches long and closing in on weighing a full pound. We are over half way (hopefully) to meeting you. There are days that I feel enormously pregnant, while on others it seems my belly still has an awfully long way to go. The benefit of having done this once before is that I am a bit more reasonable with the reality of how my body will change for the sake of your creation. Around this time with your big sister, I uttered "how will I get bigger than this!?" Now, when your father utters such things, I simply scoff. Oh, honey, you ain't seen nothing yet. This little one has just begun.

You are making your presence known in kicks and jabs. They haven't been so pronounced or consistent as to be shared, which means that for just a bit longer they are our little secret. I don't mind. It feels a lifetime ago that I held your sister in this way, and you feel like an altogether different person already. Which you are, of course. I know you will be a whole new sort of wonderful. You will enrich our lives in ways we could never anticipate.

Still, I spend a lot of time imagining how your fresh life will shift our family and the feel of our home. How will Alice respond? She will want to give you kisses, surely, and will be an awesome helper to me. I worry though, baby, about all these changes and how to best prepare. Can I really ready Alice for your arrival? What changes can I make to the room you two will share, to make it just as special a welcome home for you as it was for your sister? We've got months yet for me to overthink all of these things. Thankfully, once you arrive, I have a feeling that just laying next to you, soaking in your every tiny feature, will far outweigh concern over what is hanging on your bedroom walls.

I love you.

Love, mom



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...