04 March 2016

some days are good days

It is slightly embarrassing how affected I am by the weather. Warm temperatures and sunshine? You'll find me patient and glowing with energy. Overcast and chilly? I'm a boring, tired, wretch. [Wretch may be too strong a word, but I'm going with it.] Underneath my cloudy demeanor, I know that Alice is likely feeding off my energy, but my surface-level judgment blames her whining on HER. Alice is in a bad mood today. Alice is needy today. I want to get better at overcoming the weather and putting on a playful face. Cold and wind? Let's just bundle up and get outside anyway! I'm the size of a whale and can't handle the thought of pants? I can climb that jungle gym in a maxi skirt! We're on the home stretch of this [very easy] winter and [not so easy] pregnancy. I want to make an asserted effort to rise above any frigid temps we've got left.

Tuesday was colder than expected- Monday was so gloriously warm and sunny!- but, full of the prior day's sunshine, we took a brief, windy jaunt to the beach down the road. Alice threw rocks in the water and hated to leave, even though her hands were so cold she quickly pulled blankets onto her lap once we made it back to the car. It made for a good day: appreciation for where we live, fuller enjoyment of each other, lots of smiling and awe over all the little wonders around us. Seagulls! Rocks! People walking their dogs!

It has been snowing all day here- and was momentarily blizzard-like during my morning commute-, but next week's forecast is downright Springlike. Here's to taking it all in stride, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...