18 December 2015

Twas one week before Christmas, and all through the home
Carols were playing, through laptop and phone.
The stockings were hung in the living room too,
And lights on the tree shined brightly, though few.
The toddler ran giggling from place to place, 
While her parents took in a quiet embrace. 
I'll stop there. The original "Twas the night before Christmas..." poem is far longer than my parody, but you get the idea. We're ready for next week's big shebang and feeling cozy in anticipation. I've been turning on the tree lights as soon as I wake up- dreary days call for twinkling lights all the day through- and I whipped together a Christmas stocking for Alice yesterday morning, so our whole little family is rightfully represented this year. For now, there is a little girl waking up from her nap and the mail just arrived (more holiday greetings, I hope). I hope you're enjoying your season of anticipation, these final days of advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...