31 December 2015

the gift of hope

One year ago I closed 2014 with a heart relieved and encouraged- we made it, we're still making it. It seemed that my goals for 2015 would be simple: My first act in 2015 will, most likely, be nursing my sweet Alice. In wee, early hours we will nuzzle sleepily together and I will quietly welcome another year of absurdity and revelations. Perhaps that is my entire hope for this new beginning- that it be defined by a spirit welcome to revelations, the quiet and the profound, and that I cling dearly to the gift of those nearest.

I'm closing out 2015 with an enormous amount of relief that it was a quieter year, a simpler year, an even- dare I say it?- downright easier year. This has been year of waiting and being, not a wade-stumble-slog-it-through survival as 2014 so often felt. Thank God. 

2015 provided opportunity to grieve, reflect, and breatheWe celebrated small, significant victoriesI found myself again, knit anew as a mother. It had taken some time to recognize my own reflection, but there it was waiting for me when I stopped rubbing my eyes. 

And, before I knew it, my daughter was a whopping year old, no longer nursing. Jake and I did our darnedest to cherish each other and this incredible human in our care. We made another one too. Oh, the absurdity! Another soul resides within me! In mere months, our family will find new wings again. 

2015, what a gift you were. 
2016, what hope you hold.

Happy New Year-
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...