29 August 2011

the escalator

I love these women. Natalie, there in the red and white polka dots, just gave me a cd of pictures from the wedding that happened 2 months ago. It was back when that girl in the middle was still a bride-to-be, and not yet a wife. These lovely ladies were part of our whole wedding weekend, coming to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, spending time at my parents' home, and then showering me with love and support (rather tearful support) on the BIG DAY. I don't think it was any coincidence that these women and my husband were all brought into my life at nearly the same time. They're not kidding in the Psalms with all that talk of joy and the Lord's strength. I laugh more with these women than I knew I could laugh with friends. And Jake and I have more fun together than either of us thought possible before our first date. I am so-so-so thankful.
Hannah graced our wedding ceremony with her guitar and vocals. No one has a voice like Hannah. Hearing her sing "Cabaret" gives me chills, without fail. Well, hearing her sing anything gives me chills really. She's got soul. For the wedding she played 2 beautiful love songs, including "Days Like These" by Over the Rhine. I love Hannah's version even more than the original.
Natalie also caught some great shots of the soon-to-be-husband and me having a grand ol' time during the rehearsal. A married friend had said that once we made it to the rehearsal, we'd breathe a big beautiful sigh of relief- nothing left to plan, too late to change any minds, and a goodness-gracious-we-made-it feeling. It was true. At that point, we were on the escalator, and there was no getting off. It just kept humming along until we were dropped off at our hotel, after dancing our hearts out with friends and family at the wedding reception. And how odd to suddenly be alone after all that hurrah. Just suddenly, husband and wife.

2 comments:

  1. i like your pretty little blog :) -your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, i would follow, but i need to do it through blogger. is that possible? and also, i meant to say that i love your love story and your wedding dress is stunning. that's all :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...